GLACIER TOURING & MOUNTAIN HUT EXPERIENCE CAMP
The Glacier Touring & Mountain Hut Experience Camp is the perfect spring escape for all touring and glacier fans with a good condition. We will be exploring the beauty of Kaunertal Glacier with our splitboards and skis and hike around the backyard of our remote cabin Gepatschhaus to find some untouched terrain and enjoy the beautiful scenery around the glacier. Rock and rope skill and crevasse rescue trainings will be part of the schedule that weekend. No doubt, but this camp will make your legs burn and adrenaline levels rise!
Off the beaten tracks, Kaunertal Glacier still counts among the few remote secret freeride spots with the most beautiful scenery and numerous freeride options in the Austrian Alps. Situated at the dead end of the valley, the drive along the glacier road and into the wild will be rewarded with a breathtaking view on more than thirty 3.000ers. Our friends and mountain guides Simon Moest and Mathias Ragg from Sima Alpin will join and guide us for two days. Beside touring high up on the glacier, we will also focus on rope techniques and crevasse rescuing these days.
More Photos from Patrick Steiner & Patrick Ribis
The Gepatschhaus is Austria´s oldest mountain association cabin from 1895 and situated on 1928 metres above sea level. It will be our home stay in Kaunertal. From here, we will have so many options to explore the backcountry around Kaunertal Glacier. We will be sleeping in 3- and 4-bedroom dorms with a shared shower and toilet on the hallway. You can look forward to a typical mountain breakfast and classic Austrian dinners on cosy nights.
THE CAMP FLOW
All participants arrive on Friday, 17th of March, 2017 in the afternoon at Gepatschhaus. We will meet around 3.00 p.m. for check in, pick up and adjustment of your personal test gear and start into the weekend with a welcome beer on the sun terrasse. A typical Austrian dinner and rustic mountain breakfast will be included in your package.
On Saturday and Sunday we will be out all day for touring around Kaunertal Glacier.
According to the conditions, we will practise crevasse rescues and improve our skills with rope and harness. Splitboards and touring skis will be our best friends on both days and our goal is to make the most out of the short time in paradise. We might need lift tickets, that are not included in the package. But you will get a better price, if you are not in possesion of the snow card or season pass.
On Sunday we will finish the day in the afternoon, return to the Gepatschhaus, pack up our stuff and head back to civilisation and reality with a lot of great memories!
THE CAMP PACKAGE INCLUDES
- 2 x nights accomodation in double or multiple bedroom
shower and toilet in the hallway
- 2 x breakfast buffet
- 2 x dinner
- 2 x guided freeriding and splitboard tours with certified mountain guides
- workshops: splitboards, avalanche awareness, risk management, tour planning, mental motivation, crevasse rescue training, rope techniques etc.
- free Blue Tomato demo / test center > see products here
- splitboard & freeride coaching by and with professional riders
- Blue Tomato Goodie Bag
- Lifftickets NOT included
- 399,00 EUROS
WHAT YOU HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF
- Journey to and from the Gepatschhaus Kaunertal. We can try to help with finding you a lift or car sharing if needed, just mark it within your registration.
- Drinks at the accomodation
- Lunch pack
- Tourism Taxes
- Lift Tickets for reduced price / if needed
- Really good (!!!) Riding and fitness condition according to the camp level 2-3
- Personal liability, health and accident insurances
- Bring your own snowboard & freeride gear – just in case
The number of participants is limited. The camp will take place with a minimum of 6 bookings.
Ask us for assitance to organize liftsharing within your registration.
You don´t need accomodation or lift tickets, but like to join this camp experience anyways?
No problem, write us for your individual price